To shoot landscape photos that are sharp from foreground to infinity, you must focus at the "hyperfocal distance" for the focal length and aperture you're using.
This 3.5" x 5.5" laminated card gives hyperfocal data for DSLRs and mirrorless cameras with "APS-C" size sensors), including these popular cameras (as of Sept 2015):
- Canon 7DII, 7D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, T6S, T6i, T5i, T5, T4i, T3i, T3, T2i, T1i, XSi, XTi, XT, 300D, D60, D30
- Nikon D7200, D7100, D7000, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, D3100, D3000, D3OOs, D300, D200, D100, D90, D80, D70s D70, D60, D50, D40x, D40, D1, D1H, D1X, D2H, D2X, D2Hs, D2Xs
- Pentax istD, istDS, istDL, istDS2, istDL2 K10D, K20D, K100D, K110D, K200D, K2000, K-m, K-7, K-x, K-r, K-5, K-5II, K-5IIs, K-01, K-30, K-50, K-500, K-3, K-S1, K-S2, K-3II
- Sony A100, A200, A230, A290, A300, A330, A350, A380, A390, A500, A550, A700, A33, A35, A37, A55, A57, A58, A65, A77, A77II, all NEX series, A3000, A5000, A5100, A6000,
For a discussion of current APS-C cameras and lenses, click here: Wikipedia
This card covers the following:
- Lenses from 10mm - 85mm.
- Apertures from f/4 - f/22.
- Distances are given in feet.
- Instructions and examples for using hyperfocal distances are included on the card.
For more info on depth of field, click here for a Depth of Field Discussion.